SWE is primarily composed of Yale engineering students, but we are open to anyone interested in the inclusion of women in engineering.
Undergrad SWE: please contact Tracy Chung (email@example.com) to be added to the undergrad SWE listserve.
The benefits of becoming a national SWE member include:
- Eligibility for scholarships. More than $500,000 is awarded each year.
- SWE Career Center for internship and full-time employment search and career planning.
- Networking opportunities with practicing women engineers and other collegiates.
- A support system of peer groups, mentors, advisors, and industry leaders.
- An opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills.
- Discounted prices with Kaplan: 10% off any SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, DAT, OAT or PCAT preparation class, Live Online class, premium online product, tutoring or admissions consulting package.
- SWE Annual and Regional Conferences.
- Live professional development webinars that are also available as replays.
- Annual subscription to the award-winning SWE Magazine.
Types of collegiate memberships (a collegiate membership includes undergraduate and graduate students - postdocs can get a discounted professional membership as a “recent grad.” Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.):
|Collegiate to Career (C2C)||For a one-time $50 payment, collegiate members can secure a SWE membership for their collegiate years through the first year they qualify for professional grade membership. C2C is beneficial to students with two or more years of schooling left or those pursuing an advanced degree. Renewal is required each year, at no charge, to confirm continued SWE Membership. Take advantage of this program to maximize your savings on membership dues.||$50 for your remaining collegiate years (grad school included) and your first year of professional membership|
|Collegiate||SWE Membership is available for $20 to college students majoring in engineering and must be renewed annually to obtain membership benefits.||$20 per year|
|Joint||Science and Engineering Society (AISES), the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), and the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE). (Only available April 15 - December 31)||Costs vary|
This information can also be found on the SWE website
How to join:
- Visit the SWE website
- Sign up for an account
- Once logged in, click on Membership tab from home page
- Under Membership, click “Join”
- Click “Start my membership application”
- Fill out the required information in the background section (Education Information and Work Experience)
- Once you reach the membership portion of the application, click on “Membership Selection” and choose your desired membership
- In “Section Selection” choose your university
- Agree to the code of conduct
- Check out and pay for your membership
Click here for a PDF with more detailed application instructions.